Vissi d'arte

from lullaby to requiem

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Memoir # 4: NYC... three bucks, two bags, one me.

I've been in New York for a few days now... not even a week, and I've done almost everything that I need to do...

I did most of my shopping in LA (and by shopping - I mean opera CDs), we went to Universal in LA so the need to go to a theme park has been eliminated, and today and the other day we went to New York City... still, there are stuff to do, but here's what we've done so far:

The other day I went to the city with my mom, my brother, my aunt (Tita Monina), my Grandma, my cousin (Jill), and her daughter (Gia). We were supposed to go to Lincoln Center, so we parked the cars on 80th street and Broadway (we'd walk a few blocks to Lincoln Center), but we ended up walking in a different direction, so we went to the American Museum of Natural History instead. It was fun - lots of fabulous exhibits, and boys to gawk at.. haha! Honestly, the museum was great, but it would have been greater if I could go to a museum of cute boys instead... hihi! I was distracted by a couple of boys who were obviously checking me out... WAGI!!! People are checking me out - of course, they don't know I'm a boy, so.. hate crime ang mapapala ko paglumandi ako dito... haha!

A special paragraph should now be devoted to my adorable niece, Gia. She's adorable!!! And her dad's hot... strike that... I should not be attracted to my cousin's hubby... hihi! She's 3 years old, but she's pretty big, and she has long curly hair (like mine) that's pretty light and easy to brush (unlike mine). She gets shy though; she spends her nights with her mom here in our house, and she goes to school with her dad in the morning - she played with us (me and my booger brother)yesterday morning, and tonight, she's forgotten us again. hihi! She's also a pretty big crybaby; when she throws tantrums, she just breaks down and cries - complete with tears... haha! But she's adorable, she looks just like a doll. ^_^


Anyway... the city's really great. It's exactly what they say: Albany may be the capital of New York, but New York City is the capital of the world. Hihi! After the museum, we drove to Lincoln Center... AT LAST!!! NAkita ko na rin ang Metropolitan Opera House! And, my god! It's as fabulous and as grand as I imagined... This is where Cher fell in love with Nicholas Cage (in Moonstruck), and where Carrie realized her true feelings for that artist guy she dated in the last season of Sex and the City.. Of course, both events happened at night - I was there at 5:30 in the afternoon. Either way, I had Benedict take my picture in front of the huge window-panelled buildings. Finally, I'm at a place where Opera isn' a foreign language. Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long. I wanted to check the show schedule of both the Met and The New York City Opera (which was right beside its more famous/fabulous counterpart), but we had to go. I checked online, Tosca will be playing, but no one wants to go with me... waaa!!!

Moving on. Today, we went to the city again, this time with Stacy and John - my cousins who came over last October; the ones who went to Boracay with us. Benedict and I were driven to their apartment by our Tita - they have lots of birds jumping all over their place (they couldn't fly coz their wings were clipped ^_^). We took the train to the city (nice train, very comfy seats), and then the subway from Grand Central Station. GANDAH!!!! The ceilings were painted with some zodiac symbols, and the place was HUGE! The subway was disappointing though - it was dirty and crowded - two things I don't like a lot! haha! But it's a subway so, I didn't expect much. ^_^

We walked all over the city - wearing out my pregnant cousin in the process. We went to Ground Zero (really depressing - I don't know why people want to go to a place where lots of other people died), then we ate at China Town (UBER crowded), and took the subway again to the Village (To Tower Records, where I bought Callas' Rigoletto and Sarah Brightman's first pop album Fly), and then we went to Times Square, and then walked to Port Authority Bus Station.

On the bus back, nothing incidental happened except this GORGEOUS boy was there. He's not really a boy, he's about a few years older than me, about 6 feet, kinda stocky but in a nice sexy way, short dark blond hair, and a face that resembled Prince Harry (as he is today, little Prince Harry wasn't exactly pin-up material). He kept reading in the terminal, and kept reading as he sat on the bus... once he was talking on his phone - ganda ng voice, so masculine, baritone-ish. He got off 30 minutes before my brother and I went down the bus. And after that, the trip got boring. There were moments when the sun was on his side of the bus and it would hide behind his cute little head producing the eclipse effect - my god! Parang apparisyon! Hihihi!

We were picked by our aunt at the Nanuet Mall, we grabbed pizza on our way home where we met Dave, Gia's dad, who was on his way to drop Gia off our house. And that's basically how I ended up here in front of the computer.. alone... again... ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home