Vissi d'arte

from lullaby to requiem

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Memoir # 2: Amoeba and Darcy

The entry that I've typed got deleted... waaaa!!! Anyway. The other day we went to Amoeba records, I got tons of CDs - something over $150 including rare recordings (although they were second hand). I got 2 Medeas - the Dallas Medea, and one recorded live in La Scala (conducted by Leonard Bernstein). The Dallas Medea also has bonus tracks - the last scenes (and finale) of Callas' first Medea in 1953 at the Florence May Festival. I also got her Julliard recordings - in 1970something, Callas did a series of lectures (Master Classes) for the prestigious Julliard School in New York... now I can learn to sing opera from Callas herself!

Today, I met Darcy! FINALLY!!! Hihihi! It was so fun!!! Iba na si Darcy - Amerikano na! hihihi! Nakakatuwa, after all these years - meron pa ring syang mga mannerisms that are soooo high school! Hihihi! Like when he was describing this cute officemate he had a crush on. We were dropped off at this mall, and we decided to transfer to the next mall - we got lost in the process - si Darcy kasi, tatanga-tanga! hihihi!!! ^_^ We went to Circuit City, and then had fraps at Starbucks (in fairness, mas matamis yung nasa Pilipinas, pero mas malinamnam ung Vanilla Bean Frapp nila!)

Anyway, our meeting was cut short by the train. He's in Lancaster, and I'm staying at Burbank - they're half-a-world apart from each other. The train ride takes 2 hours! And the last train to LA Union (where I got dropped off and picked up again later) left at 3:30pm, so I had to get there...

It was really fun to see Darcy... I can't help wonder when we'll see each other again - probably when he gets back to Manila next year... unless his plane crashes... hahaha! ^_^ Note to self: find a job in the States and stay here!!! Wala lang... Hihihi!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home